Associate Development Manager, CorporateFor the New York, San Francisco or D.C. Office of an Innovative Law Firm
- Collaborate with Professional Development and Legal Education team members to develop, enhance and implement legal and professional skills training programs and initiatives to support associate development;
- Track, aggregate and analyze associate metrics, including availability information and utilization rates; partner with practice group leaders and associates to ensure that individual goals relating to productivity are achieved;
- Support the associate performance review process by working with practice group leaders and Associate Review Committee members to ensure quality reviews are delivered in a timely fashion;
- Monitor associate evaluations, prepare review delivery scripts and facilitate the delivery of formal reviews; work with associates to implement feedback;
- Coordinate with practice group leaders and other supervising partners to identify staffing needs and hiring targets; partner with the Legal Talent team to ensure hiring efforts are supporting the goals and needs of each group;
- Collaborate with the firm's Diversity and Inclusion team to champion and implement initiatives and events; promote best practices in commitment to an inclusive culture.
- 5+ years of direct experience with staffing and work allocation in a large law firm or professional services organization; JD preferred;
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships and credibility with internal stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral (both listening and talking) and written communication skills;
- Ability to respect and maintain highly sensitive or confidential information;
- Excellent people management skills, to include serving as a mentor or coach;
- Detail-oriented, organized and driven, with the desire to take ownership of projects and responsibilities, but to also work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results