Professional Development ManagerFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
- Build trust and credibility with partners; develop a professional relationship with associates, including an in-depth understanding of career goals, experiences, strengths, development needs, etc;
- Monitor associate development to ensure associates are progressing along development plans; recommend the Firm's career resources as appropriate, and ensure forward progress on exit strategies;
- Coordinate associate and counsel review and evaluation processes with the Attorney Development team;
- Ensure participation in all required CLE programs; help define the overall training agenda and coordinate training to meet identified development needs;
- Work with staffing partner to ensure that each attorney is fully utilized; ensure equitable distribution of assignments, while balancing development with client needs;
- Track vacation schedules to ensure that plans are in place for coverage; manage information flow in required systems and policy compliance; provide reports to practice leaders.
- Bachelor's Degree, 3+ years of professional development experience in a law firm; JD preferred;
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong influencing and leadership capabilities and sound judgment, a non-hierarchical approach and the ability to build consensus;
- Proven project management skills; ability to multitask;
- Ability to adhere to the highest process standards and stand firm on decisions while working under pressure and in conflicting circumstances;
- Strong integrity, maturity, and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results