Media Relations and Communications ManagerFor the NYC office of a Prestigious Mid-Size National Firm
- Work closely with key partners and the CMO , providing guidance on all media relations efforts, both proactive and reactive, which typically arise from filings and court decisions;
- Obtain positive media coverage for firm’s high-profile complex commercial litigation, government affairs, white collar, bankruptcy, real estate transactional, and other litigation matters;
- Work closely with partners to develop topics for by-lined articles and reporter interviews, suggesting appropriate publications and reporters for outreach. Pitch ideas to publications and shepherd the article or quote through publication;
- Assist partners in building relationships with key industry reporters and raising their social media profiles;
- Draft certain awards and rankings submissions, including Chambers and Legal 500 submissions (shared with others in the department) throughout the year.
- 5+ yrs of experience, either as in-house PR support or at a PR agency. Experience working as a journalist a plus;
- Excellent judgment. Ability to work with partners directly and give advice on how best to respond to reporter inquiries and maximize positive coverage;
- Ability to understand complex legal issues and to summarize legal complaints and decisions;
- Ability to form “trusted advisor” relationships with key partners, working with them to develop a proactive media plan and then executing the plan;
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work quickly and efficiently under pressure;
- Experience drafting press releases and rankings/award submissions, building reporter lists, and sending tailored press releases to reporters and publications. Experience using Cision or similar database.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results