Attorney Recruiting DirectorFor the DC or NY Office of an International Law Firm
- Oversee the administration of the fall recruiting program including reviewing and recommending target schools, facilitating the decision-making process, and preparing projections and success reports;
- Direct the coordination of the summer associate program including identification of needs, recruitment and onboarding, work allocation, training, mentoring, social events, evaluations, and exit interviews;
- Develop, execute and manage the firm’s non-partner lateral hiring strategy, including actively liaising with practice group leaders and recruiting partners to identify staffing needs as they relate to ensuring a strong talent pipeline;
- Work with the Professional Development Department to implement effective and impactful on-boarding experiences for new attorneys;
- Develop and manage a budget and oversee the allocation of funds for recruiting programs;
- Hire, train, and supervise administrative staff responsible for attorney recruiting functions; collaborate with Professional Development and Diversity & Inclusion teams to maximize recruiting effectiveness.
- 10+ years of recruiting and development experience in a law firm environment;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing with staff, attorneys, firm leadership, and external audiences;
- Ability to appropriately delegate work to others to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives; effective in leading and earning the trust and confidence of the team;
- Knowledge of basic budgeting principles and the ability to develop, manage, and defend budgets, adopting best practices to manage finances in the interests of the firm;
- Ability to collaborate with others in the development of new initiatives and/or completion of large-scale projects in a timely manner, building effective, cooperative work teams across the firm’s offices;
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovation to the area and firm challenges to identify problems and propose and implement solutions.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results