Assistant Director of Business Development and CommunicationsFor the New York Office of an International Law Firm
- Work with Global Director of Business Development & Communications to identify and oversee the execution of the firm’s business development goals;
- Work closely with practice group leaders to develop and implement practice groups’ business development plans, coordinating and tracking groups’ efforts;
- Oversee matter tracking and further develop processes to allow the BD/comms team to remain up to date on maintaining relevant experience lists for the firm and individual practices;
- Draft and compile new business pitches and proposals (including RFP responses) and competitive intelligence reports as needed, as well as review the materials compiled by junior members of the team and support them in growing their skills in this area;
- Lead and execute campaigns to enhance the global brand and develop deeper client relationships through activities such as thought leadership, surveys, and speaking engagements. Coordinate with the Director to ensure that these opportunities are leveraged
- Identify, assess and coordinate conferences, seminars, forums, sponsorships, and speaking and writing opportunities to ensure they are aligned with the goals of the firm, offices and practices.
- 10+ years of experience;
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload, work independently and as a member of teams, and complete tasks under time pressure as necessary;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing and editing skills;
- Experience designing and implementing successful BD/comms strategies;
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential; experience with Interaction and Adobe InDesign is preferred;
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with senior leadership, acting as a trusted advisor.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results