Senior Business Development Specialist, Financial ServicesFor the New York or DC Office of a Very Innovative Law Firm
- Identify and conduct research in support of new business opportunities; draft and prepare communications to win new work and enhance the practice group’s profile and reputation;
- Lead the collection, storing, maintenance, and distribution of information on lawyers’ experience and develop an effective knowledge management system that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers;
- Serve as primary liaison between practice group chairs/other practice leaders and staff departments to execute practice group operating needs while reducing the amount of administrative time spent by practice leaders;
- Negotiate sponsorships and manage marketing budget;
- Coordinate client seminars and webinars for the assigned practice group to support the practice manager on major events;
- Work with the marketing communications to create, update, and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice group blogs, newsletters, and social media platforms.
- 4+ years of professional services or equivalent experience; proficiency in client service, marketing, and/or business development;
- Previous experience in the financial or professional services sector or in a law firm supporting a multi-office environment is preferred, as is general familiarity with the practice of law and law firm operations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable interacting and maintaining effective working relationships across numerous staff departments, communicating verbally and in writing in a professional, responsive, courteous manner with clients
- Ability to take ownership of projects and simultaneously handle multiple projects and competing deadlines;
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate is required.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results