Assistant Manager of Communications and Media RelationsFor the NYC office of a Prestigious Mid-Size Firm
This is a filled position.
- Draft news items on case wins and accolades for the firm’s website and for distribution on social media;
- Draft a select number of the firm’s awards and rankings submissions for the Chambers and Legal 500 submissions:
- Assist the Media Relations Advisor and the CMO to obtain positive media coverage for our firm’s high-profile cases;
- Pitch thought leadership topics to publications and help shepherd the article or quote through publication;
- Help partners raise their social media profiles.
- Provide general support for the department on an as-needed basis, including for business development.
- Prior law firm marketing experience and interest in media relations;
- Exceptional writing skills required; Experience as a journalist a plus;
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships across the firm and with external resources;
- Ability to understand complex legal issues and to summarize key points;
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, team player, and solution focused;
- Strong project management and organizational skills.