Business Development & Communications CoordinatorFor the New York Office of an International Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Solicit information from relevant partners when new matters are opened to populate experience database for use across materials and draft descriptions of those matters based on the information received;
- Support the BD/comms team in preparing pitch materials and competitive intelligence reports with the goal of eventually taking the lead on some of these projects;
- Perform an extensive media search three times daily, prepare initial draft of daily roundup email, and consolidate media mentions into the appropriate format for inclusion in the firm’s weekly internal newsletter;
- Route incoming media inquiries to the appropriate person, assessing the urgency of these requests and responding appropriately; maintain log of media outreach on individual press opportunities when not handled by outside PR firm;
- Participate in practice group meetings, documenting BD/comms action items and working with the team to ensure those are completed in a timely manner;
- Track updates to bios and practice descriptions on the website to ensure that materials are kept current.
- 2+ years of related marketing/business development experience, preferably in a law firm; candidates with 2+ years of other law firm experience will be considered; bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a marketing-related field;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing and editing skills;
- Strong work ethic and service orientation; commitment to professional growth and development;
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload, work independently and as a member of teams, and complete tasks under time pressure as necessary;
- Ability to maintain poise, tact and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts;
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential; experience with competitive intelligence tools and Adobe InDesign is preferred.