Director of Training & Professional DevelopmentFor the New York Office of a Large Global Law Firm
- Work closely with the PD Committee, training partners, and Practice Group Leaders firm-wide to develop and deliver training programs and innovative PD initiatives for lawyers;
- Train and motivate partners and senior associates to create and deliver effective training and feedback;
- Oversee program design for firm-wide training programs for new, mid, and senior associates; oversee practice-specific curricula design; work with Chief Personnel Officer and key partners on programs for partners;
- Develop and enhance orientation program for new lawyers; collaborate with the recruiting team to develop training programs for summer associates;
- Work with the Executive Director and Professional Development Committee on the firm’s advanced programs;
- Oversee mentoring and career development programs; liaise with the Director of Legal Personnel and Talent Managers to implement career counseling and developmental career plans for associates.
- 10+ years of related experience including responsibility for curriculum design and development required; 5+ years of experience in a management role;
- JD a strong plus; master’s degree preferably in Education a plus; coaching certificate a strong plus;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and set work objectives;
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent group facilitation skills; superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience sourcing and hiring consultants and vendors;
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results