Senior Practice Group ManagerFor the NYC or Philadelphia Office of a Global Law Firm
- Assist Practice Group Director and work with C&S PGM team with the development and implementation of practice group strategic initiatives as well as daily operations;
- Manage productivity, development, and feedback for associates, counsel and paralegals;
- Understand the needs of lawyers in the group and ensure that they have the resources necessary to get the job done by communicating with office managers, IT, and other departments;
- Promote internal and external training and development opportunities to the C&S Group’s attorneys and encourage attendance;
- Manage secondment processes including developing business cases, identifying candidates and drafting engagement letters;
- Manage and implement mentoring programs.
- J.D. and Big Law experience in corporate and securities strongly preferred;
- Relevant law firm or professional services operations and management experience;
- Ability to independently create systems and structure where needed;
- Diplomacy and the ability to successfully foster collaboration among others;
- Creativity in developing solutions given practical constraints;
- Quantitative skills.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results