Marketing SpecialistFor the Chicago Office of an International Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Work closely with the Lead Marketing Officer on business development and marketing efforts;
- Develop relationships with partners and support their individual marketing and business development needs (e.g. writing, speaking and other pertinent networking opportunities including pitch materials and practice/office marketing materials);
- Coordinate RFP/RFI responses, tailored pitches and other BD efforts, including drafting content, identifying relevant capabilities and experience for inclusion, and liaising with other firm departments;
- Draft award, ranking and directory submissions and related promotion for assigned offices and practices;
- Organize and facilitate client programs including support for seminars, sponsorships and client events for the office;
- Perform client and market research.
- Undergraduate degree is required; JD preferred;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services organization, with knowledge of law firm and practice area organization and structure; Litigation practices strongly preferred;
- Strong writing skills, including experience drafting pitches, responses to RFPs/RFIs, practice descriptions and other marketing collateral;
- Ability to build trust through consistent performance and responsiveness with attorneys, fellow Client Development & Marketing team members and other firm support departments;
- Very strong attention to detail, accuracy and organization; able to work in a thorough, diligent manner;
- Instinct to leverage available resources and technology to meet the needs of the role and improve processes.