Practice Group Manager (Government Contracts/Labor & Employment)For the DC Office of an International Law Firm
- Manage the execution of business needs and operations of the assigned practice groups with a strong emphasis on strategy, work allocation, financial performance, and lawyer productivity and development;
- Monitor pricing, alternative fee arrangements, budget, and discounts for matters within the assigned practice groups with the objective of improving realization and driving profitability;
- Collaborate with the assigned business development professionals to support the integration of new lawyers into the practice group(s) and broader Firm;
- Assist in coordinating and planning practice group meetings;
- Monitor and support the morale and engagement of attorneys in the practices, developing programs and ensuring access to information, resources, and leadership;
- Ensure diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are essential parts of all department and practice group functions.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required; direct experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of equivalent work experience and training/education;
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the business functions of a law firm including finance, accounting and analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate issues and develop solutions, recommendations and implement effective courses of action;
- Proven ability to delegate effectively and manage projects and tasks to completion in an efficient, collaborative and timely manner;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations using tact and diplomacy.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results