Professional Development Manager, BankingFor the NYC Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
- Build trust and credibility with partners; develop a professional relationship with associates, including an in-depth understanding of career goals, experiences, strengths, development needs, etc;
- Work within the Global Attorney Development team and collaborate with the Practice Leader, Staffing Partner and Attorney Development Partner to facilitate the successful implementation of the Firm's associate development objectives at the practice level;
- Manage associate and counsel review and evaluation process (e.g. collect feedback, prepare performance summaries, draft messages and participate in the review meetings);
- Participate in defining the overall training agenda for practice area and coordinate training to meet identified development needs;
- Manage information flow in the required systems and policy compliance, e.g., bar admission status updates, mentor assignments, and time recording compliance;
- Ensure participation in all required CLE programs; help define the overall training agenda and coordinate training to meet identified development needs.
- Bachelor's degree, 3+ years of professional development experience in a law firm; JD preferred;
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong influencing and leadership capabilities and sound judgment, a non-hierarchical approach and the ability to build consensus;
- Proven project management skills; ability to multitask;
- Ability to adhere to the highest process standards and stand firm on decisions while working under pressure and in conflicting circumstances;
- Strong integrity, maturity, and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results