Legal Personnel Manager, OperationsFor the NYC Office of a Very Prestigious Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Lead several key areas of the Firm’s Legal Personnel operations, including administration of Firm policies, compensation planning, team management, and a variety of high-level and confidential projects;
- Manage and maintain associate compensation data; work closely with senior leadership on compensation planning;
- Serve as an expert on Firm policies and procedures as they relate to lawyers, providing guidance to legal staff at all levels, regularly interfacing with the Firm’s Managing Partners on policy interpretation and approvals;
- Manage, mentor, and develop team members;
- Manage firmwide Legal personnel budget to ensure accuracy and compliance with year-end estimates, as well as the preparation of analysis for year-end budget meetings;
- Collaborate across departments on a variety of initiatives and consult with the Office of the General Counsel regarding employee relations and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of legal personnel or related experience in professional services with at least two years in a supervisory role;
- Client-service mindset and ability to partner successfully with attorneys at all levels;
- High emotional intelligence, with experience leading and mentoring team members and cultivating trusted relationships;
- Excellent organization and communication skills, in addition to superior judgment;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as the ability to learn and use legal talent and recruiting applications built internally.