Corporate Practice SpecialistFor the New York Office of an International Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Manage the work allocation process for Corporate associates, including coordinating with partners and other supervising attorneys to identify staffing needs; allocate work to associates in an equitable manner, in line with partner and client needs;
- Monitor associates’ workload reports and actual utilization; ensure associates are completing workload reports and entering their billable and non-billable time in a timely fashion, and regularly conduct check-ins and follow up with associates;
- Build rapport with and serve as a resource for Corporate associates, understanding their professional development goals, strengths and areas for improvement;
- Work closely with the Corporate Practice Manager to develop, oversee and maintain knowledge management and information sharing tools;
- With the Professional Development and Practice Management teams, help to facilitate onboarding and integration of lateral associates and new law clerks into the Department, ensuring they understand expectations and responsibilities;
- Ensure cross-office collaboration and integration of associates within the department.
- J.D. and 3+ years of experience practicing as a corporate associate in a large law firm environment;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, written, oral communication and presentation skills with a service-oriented attitude;
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity and work under pressure while managing conflicting priorities;
- Ability to exercise good business judgment, accountability, flexibility and maintain confidential information at all times;
- High level of discretion and emotional intelligence; ability to effectively communicate in a courteous and professional manner.