We just released the findings for our 7th New York City Recruitment Association (NYCRA) survey and our 1st law firm Marketing/BD junior and mid-level salary survey. Both sets of survey results are available on our website: NYCRA Survey, BD/Marketing Survey. Over the past 16+ years, we have conducted over 30 industry surveys and I am very confident that the data we captured in both these surveys accurately reflects the current market. Below are some interesting findings from each survey.
Over 140 NY law firm recruitment professionals participated in our survey.
- 32% of respondents said their departments have increased in size over the last 2 years, while 19% have decreased
- 16% of respondents have a graduate degree and 12% have JDs
- 22% of survey participants joined legal recruiting in the last 3 years
- Directors of Recruitment worked 65 hours on average this past fall recruiting season
45 Coordinators, Senior Coordinators, Specialist/Analysts and Senior Specialists participated in the survey.
- 84% plan on being in legal marketing 2 years from now
- 40% of respondents have been promoted with a title change in the past 2 years
- 64% feel their department is not adequately staffed
- 80% would leave their current firm for career growth
Do any of these findings surprise you? The good news, from my perspective, is that there is still plenty of great talent coming into law firm recruiting and over 80% of the law firm marketers surveyed plan to be in the field 2 years from now!