Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I think it’s the “immigrant kid” in me, who still remembers coming home, months after we arrived in the U.S., and explaining to my Mother that all Americans celebrate Thanksgiving and we had to buy a turkey. They didn’t have turkeys in Poland, so I drew her a picture of a big chicken. I love the fact that virtually everyone celebrates Thanksgiving and I think it’s a wonderful time to say thank you to those who have helped us in the past year. Below are some ways we can express our gratitude by being helpful to others:
- Send a thank you note expressing your appreciation for something they did or just for being part of your life.
- Write a LinkedIn recommendation.
- Nominate them for an award or for a leadership position. This is a great thing to do for someone more senior who has been a mentor to you.
- Draft a letter of recommendation they can use in the future (this is a great thing to do for any interns or temp employees you worked with).
- Provide them with information on job leads.
- Introduce them to a valuable contact, who can be as helpful to them as your friend has been to you.
Who are the 3 people who have been most helpful to you this year? What are you going to do to express your gratitude?
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for supporting Wisnik Career Enterprises by trusting us with your searches, referring us candidates, hiring us to train your talent and reading this Wisnik Weekly! To express our thanks, we’d like to give you the results of two salary and responsibility surveys we have just completed:
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!