2015 was a very good year for law firm Marketing/BD, Recruitment and Professional Development jobs. We saw a record number of positions in BD, resulting in a talent shortage, especially at the manager level. Within Marketing, we saw an increase in Senior Communications roles and a decrease in the number of PR searches. The biggest uptick in new positions was in the Professional Development area. We also saw a slight increase in the number of Legal Personnel positions. The number of Recruiting roles held steady, as some firms were growing their departments and others were shrinking them. We did, however, see more Recruitment Manager positions – especially in the last quarter of 2015 – than we have had since 2008! Overall, there has been a significant increase in senior level roles.
We are very hopeful that 2016 will continue to be a year with plenty of opportunities for top talent. It’s the middle of December and we have more than a dozen active jobs interviewing candidates this week! If you are thinking of possibly making a move in 2016, I would highly recommend some reflection at year end, including:
- Reflecting on what you are most proud of accomplishing this year
- Identifying key projects you worked on and what you learned and contributed
- Thinking about what you would like to do and learn next year to continue your career development
- Begin setting some specific career development goals for 2016 (more tools for this in our January Wisnik Weekly)
- Updating your resume so it captures all new responsibilities and results
We are very grateful for all of your support, referrals and trust, and wish you a wonderful holiday season! If there is any way we can help you to achieve your goals in 2016, please let us know!