It’s the second week of the new year! Whether you set goals for 2017 or not, I highly recommend taking a few minutes to review the year that just passed to gain insights and focus for 2018.
Most candidates I meet with say they want to play a strategic role at their firms. How about playing a strategic role in your life? The best way to do this is to review and learn from your past actions and experiences. This process will enable you to see what worked and what you would like to change this year.
Here are four questions to help you with this process:
- What are you most proud of that you accomplished, created and experienced in 2017?
- What lessons did you learn?
- What will you change based on these insights?
- What do you want to do, learn and contribute in 2018?
I did this kind of analysis, and two things I discovered were that:
- 60% of our placements came from existing relationships referring us top talent.
- Starting each day writing out my intentions using the questions below gave me the focus I needed to have highly productive and fulfilling days.
- What are my intentions today?
- What outcomes do I want today?
- Why do I want this?
- What will I do to get this?
- What do I want to attract today?
- What questions and resources do I need to help me accomplish this?
- What am I most grateful for today?
I hope that you will invest the time to review your 2017 and identify what worked best and where you have growth opportunities. By doing this, you can invest more time and energy in the areas you know have the greatest potential for growth and fulfillment. I wish you an a very successful year both personally and professionally! If there is any way we can help you to achieve your goals, please let us know!