Through this podcast I want to shatter the many career lies we grow up hearing and replace them with empowering and actionable truths. Do any of these sound familiar?
- Do well in school and you will have a successful life
- You can’t get a good job without experience
- There are too many talented people and not enough jobs
- You shouldn’t have any weaknesses, and if you do, hide them!
- Once you have a prestigious title and money you will be fulfilled
The podcast dispels these myths and brings to life the career advice I offer in Your Fairy Job Mentor’s Secrets for Success. Each week I speak to young professionals who inspire listeners with their career success stories and recruiters from firms like McKinsey who offer insights into finding the right role. Each episode is less than 15 minutes long because I know how busy we all are!
If you have any recent grads, frustrated young professionals, or college students in your life who need actionable career advice and a dose of inspiration, please send them to YourFairyJobMentor.com. As we all learned the hard way, although school teaches us many things, it doesn’t prepare us to find a rewarding career.
What do you wish you knew when you began your career? I welcome your thoughts!